Children Traveling Unaccompanied
- China Eastern Airlines Limited Company accepts unaccompanied minors under certain conditions.
- China Eastern Airlines Corporation Limited provides special services to unaccompanied minors (fully accompanied and attended to during boarding, flight, and disembarking).
- Children passengers between 5 and under the age of 12 traveling alone and unaccompanied by an adult of over 18 years old.
- For children passengers at the ages of 12 and 15 traveling alone, please apply for other services in the local office.
- Unaccompanied minors flying internationally with China Eastern must buy adult fare tickets in accordance with International Flight Conditions.
- The commission of the unaccompanied minor to the airline must be proposed in advance and agreed to by the carrier.
- Unaccompanied minors are accepted in all cabins on China Eastern flights.
- Boarding unaccompanied minors on transfer flights must be prepared in advance and seats for all sectors of the trip must be confirmed.
- If the receiving party does not meet the unaccompanied minor on time or if they delay reception after the arrival of the unaccompanied minor, this party must incur all resulting additional costs.
- Passengers must go to a China Eastern local office or contact China Eastern call center to purchase tickets and apply for this service.
|Aircraft Type||Number of Unaccompanied Minors Accepted|
|A340||5 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A330||4 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A300||4 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A310||4 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A321||3 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A320||3 Unaccompanied Minors|
|A319||3 Unaccompanied Minors|
|B767||4 Unaccompanied Minors|
|B737||3 Unaccompanied Minors|
|MD90||3 Unaccompanied Minors|
|CRJ||2 Unaccompanied Minors|
|EMB-145||2 Unaccompanied Minors|
|B777-300||5 Unaccompanied Minors|
- The passenger's guardian must present the unaccompanied minor transportation application to the marketing department one week prior to the departure date, fill in the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested Travel Advice” form and provide names, addresses and contact phone numbers of the responsible contacts accompanying the minor at departure and arrival;
- Marketing personnel must send a fax to the destination airport according to the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested Travel Advice” form to request contact with the receiving party of the passenger;
- Personnel at the destination airport must contact the designated receiving party to verify the unaccompanied minor will be under the correct custody;
- After receiving verification from staff at the destination airport, the marketing personnel must attach the fax and the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested Travel Advice” form to the Passenger ticket;
- Check-in staff verify the content of the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Travel Advice” form according to the attached SPA/UM Fax on the ticket;
- Check-in staff handles the procedures for the unaccompanied minor, fills in the Special Service Notification and puts all travel certificates into the travel certificate bag of the unaccompanied minor;
- The guardian of the unaccompanied minor should stay at the airport until the flight takes off;
- Staff accompany the unaccompanied minor through boarding, meets with the chief flight attendant and signs the Special Service Notification form;
- When the airplane arrives, staff accompanies the unaccompanied minor through disembarkation and assists in carrying baggage, handling immigration procedures and claiming the checked baggage;
- The staff checks the papers from the receiving party according to the content of the “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Travel Advice” form and asks the receiving party to sign the form.
- The staff stores the signed “Unaccompanied Minor Requested for Travel Advice” form in the archives.
|Number of Minor:||Age:|
|TERMINAL||NAME OF PERSON ACCOMPANYING||ADDRESS AND TEL NO.|